Due to potential negative environmental and social impacts, and in terms of Namibian legislation and regulations, the Development Bank of Namibia does not finance certain products, services and types of trading.
The Development Bank of Namibia generally does not finance:
- Refinancing or consolidation of existing debt
- Speculative activities with little or no value addition
- Specialised equipment not essential to the business
- Socially undesirable investments such as gambling
- Reimbursement for unrelated expenditure prior to loan approval.
Third party funder exclusions
If the DBN Exclusion List is less stringent than the exclusions of its funders, due care will be taken to ensure that the portfolio funded by these funders is properly ring-fenced and that it at all times complies with their Exclusion List, unless this has been waived by the DBN’s funders for specific strategic projects.