Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of
ASSISTANT TO THE COMPANY SECRETARY
Reporting to the Company Secretary, the Assistant will perform secretarial duties and provide administrative support to the Company Secretary Unit, including meetings administration, conducting basic research and gathering information and maintaining information and records to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the Company Secretary Unit according the statutory and regulatory requirements.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Perform secretarial duties, including diary management, receiving and redirecting telephone calls, receiving visitors, conducting all travel arrangements for the unit, and preparing correspondence and relevant documentation.
• Assist the Company Secretary in performing the tasks related to the statutory and regulatory compliance and company law statutory and governance requirements for the DBN.
• Provide administrative support to the Company Secretary in preparing and coordinating the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and preparing and maintaining the Annual Corporate Calendar for the Bank.
• Provide administrative support for training conducted by the Company Secretary, including basic research on relevant topics, updating best practices and standards, preparing presentations and arranging internal Bank-wide training sessions.
• Assist the Company Secretary with all statutory company secretarial duties for Management, Committees and Board Meetings, including preparation of agendas, binding relevant information packs, arranging venues and taking minutes during certain Management and
Board Committee meetings as assigned.
• Receive and prepare/collate all applications to be discussed by the Board and Board Committee meetings, assist with the follow-up on outstanding information, documents and reports when required, and provide feedback to relevant employees for further action.
• Maintain records and reports for all Board and Board Committee meetings in line with statutory and compliance requirements.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• A relevant Bachelor’s degree in Arts/ Commerce / Business Administration with Corporate Law as a subject.
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant or Officer in a professional service environment.
• A CIS qualification will be a distinct advantage.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A proactive and innovative approach to work and problem solving.
• Sound customer orientation / focus, and assertiveness.
• Maintain a high degree of confidentiality, and pay attention to detail.
• Effective team worker, with interpersonal sensitivity.
• Excellent planning and organization skills.
The DBN offers market related remuneration packages commensurate with experience and qualifications. Applications are invited from Namibian citizens. Interested candidates should forward résumés, which should include three contactable references, in strictest confidence to:
The Manager: Human Resources and Payroll, Development Bank of Namibia, 12 Daniel MunamavaStreet, PO Box 235, Windhoek.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 13 October 2017.
Applicants who do not receive any response within three weeks after the closing date must accept that their applications were not considered favourably. The Bank regrets that it cannot return documents.