Goals of finance
- The business plan
- The cash flow projection
- Management skills, experience and participation
- Adequate collateral and owner's contribution
DBN assesses finance to ensure that it does not pose a risk to the owners of projects that it finances, and to ensure that it can recover capital investments and grow its capital to onlend to others.
Environmental and social management
- Environmental soundness
- Social soundness
DBN manages its finance proactively and on an ongoing basis to ensure that its finance has no negative social and environmental impact.
- Employment creation
- Income generation
- Stimulation of key sectors (particularly manufacturing, transport and logistics, and tourism and hospitality)
- Alleviation of national issues (particularly provision of land, affordable housing and generation of electricity)
- Inclusive economic participation
- Diversification of regional economic activity
- Development of infrastructure
In keeping with its mandate, DBN seeks to provide finance to enterprises and initiatives that will have optimum development benefit, while giving prudent consideration to viability, and environmental and social impact.